Tuesday 26 February 2013

Norwich Vintage Fair!



This Sunday was a most joyous occasion, for it saw St Andrew's Hall in Norwich transformed into a veritable Mecca of vintage delights! I was lucky enough to pay a visit with my lovely cousin, Liz, and we spent a wonderful couple of hours perusing dresses, skirts, blouses, knits, coats, shoes, bags, homewares, and all manner of other retro paraphernalia! Check out this amazing VW camper bearing the vintage fair banner- this could only herald good things...


The fair was running between 12 and 5pm; we arrived at about three, which we discovered was fortuitous as stall owners were starting to reduce their prices. Who doesn't enjoy finding a bargain?! Here are some of the pretty things I found...


Vintage briefcases!
 

Rows of fur coats! I already have a brown one and a black one so I didn't linger, it could have been too dangerous...
 

I thought this little guy was very cute, and looked very comfortable on his flowery cushion...
 

Too many pretty things to count!


If only gorgeous vintage handbags did grow on trees like this...





I really loved this skirt, it was black and gold striped, pleated and shiny (I am part-magpie); what is not to like? I did manage to restrain myself, however. (not fully, though, as you shall see...)




If the excitement of so much gorgeous vintage-ness was not enough, there were also beautiful cupcakes courtesy of Biddy's Tea Room who were providing the refreshments for the day. I, sadly, have given up sugar for lent (!) so I indulged in an Earl Grey to sit and watch the merry vintage shoppers go about their day. (And grill Lizzie about the new(ish) man in her life ;-) ...) These lemonade cupcakes were looking especially tempting, though; loving the addition of the little straws, adorable!

Now, I did hint that perhaps my sojourn did not go entirely purchase-free...

That is because it didn't... I bought two very exciting and wonderful items. The first being...


...This dress! It was a mere £5, and I love the adorable puffed sleeves and candy-coloured stripes. It will look great with tights, a belt and some little ankle boots. And it will be great for summer with bare legs (I hope! Lets petition the nice-weather fairy, everyone!). Apologies for my messy room in the background...

I did also purchase what is probably the best bomber jacket in the world ever. I may go as far as to say it is simply the best thing in the world, ever. I saw it and fell in love, and that was that. We will not mention the fact that it cost me £28 (It should have been £30, I managed to haggle off £2 which eased my conscience slightly...) that I should not really have been spending on bomber jackets, including those which may or may not be the best thing ever... Nonetheless, I can't wait to wear it!

I am not going to post a picture now, in order that you all may be sufficiently prepared within yourselves for its wondrous-ness, I shall wait and post the first time I wear it that you may see it depicted in all its glory... So stay tuned!

Hope you enjoy reading!

Much love, Kate Xx








No comments:

Post a Comment